Even if you know the importance of your tasks, there may be times when your workload can be overwhelming or the day-to-day is simply uninspiring. Sometimes you need a little extra boost to help you get out of your slump and renew your passion. Check out these motivational quotes to stay focused and productive:
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” –Jim Rohn
Lesson: Plan your most important priorities and schedule your day around them, instead of immediately reacting to the so-called “urgent” items that pop up throughout the day but that don’t have as much impact.
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
Lesson: The consistent actions you take each day are more effective than the larger actions you take sporadically. Commit to just getting started on a task – no matter how small the step you take.
- “The perfect is the enemy of the good.” – Voltaire
Lesson: Perfectionism can hold you back from accomplishing your goals. Set up a system for verifying the accuracy and quality of a project to know when something is good enough, even if it’s not perfect.
- “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” –Charles Swindoll
Lesson: Don’t let stressful workplace situations derail your efforts or reputation. Take a breath and decide to be in control. React to situations from a perspective of overcoming challenges and coming up with solutions instead of being defensive or upset.
- “Nothing is less productive than to make more efficient what should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
Lesson: Empower yourself in your quest to achieve your goals by determining when it’s time to eliminate or cut back on tasks, or delegate them to others.
- “Improved productivity means less human sweat, not more.” – Henry Ford
Lesson: Working more hours isn’t the solution to accomplishing more and can even backfire. Instead of increasing effort, look for instances of wasted time or opportunities to streamline processes.
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
Lesson: When you’re feeling aimless and losing that spark of passion that once kept you engaged, think about the value you contribute and how you’re part of the bigger picture.
Lack of motivation is often a sign that it’s time to move on to the next step in your career path.
Streamline your job search by working with a staffing firm like Spectrum Staffing. We can help you find the available opportunities from our clients, some of the top employers throughout the nation. Search our current available positions to get started.